Galactic African Black Soap | Raw Unrefined & Pure | 5 Oz
BOOM! Straight from West Africa folks, African Black Soap...truly magical stuff that deserves a home in your shave den!
Raw & pure traditional African black soap is from western Africa. The texture of the soap is soft and at times, it is a bit crumbly but never hard like regular bar soap. Natural raw black soap doesn't have artificial fragrance and has a natural earthy scent.
African black soap is revered for having skin nourishing benefits due to an abundance of antioxidants. The soap is made from the ashes of plantain skin, cocoa pod and palm leaves, and palm oil from leaves or kernels.
Some additional ingredients, depending on the makers of the soap, could be honey to soften skin and shea butter or cocoa butter for extra moisturizing properties (some black soap is more potent than others and can be drying).
In the case of our Galactic African Black soap, it goes above and beyond containing Honey, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, and Aloe Vera!
African Black Soap is kind of a darling currently in skin care and has been reported to:
- It Alleviates Razor Bumps It is often used by men during shaving because of the high shea butter content, which protects the skin.
- Reduces Inflammation and Skin Irritations Black soap helps reduce inflammation and skin irritations. It is soothing on dry and irritated skin, relieving dry patches, rashes and red areas.
- Protects Against Photo Aging Antioxidants in black soap protect the skin from free radical damage, which is a cause of premature skin aging, wrinkles and facial lines.
- Improves Skin Tone Black soap firms and tones skin and improves skin texture, for more supple and glowing skin.
- Fades Skin Discolorations Black soap helps even out and fade brown spots and discoloration.
- Helps Problem Skin It can help with blemishes. Users have said that black soap helps with blackheads, and can soothe irritated skin.
- Has Deep Cleansing Action Black soap is great for deep pore cleansing. It also is effective at removing makeup because of the oils and butters.
- It's an Effective Exfoliant The ashes in black soap provide exfoliating properties to remove dead skin cells and thereby improve fine lines, soften and rejuvenate rough skin.
More About Black Soap
Plantain skins and leaves have a high concentration of iron and vitamins A and E. Vitamin E helps with tissue structure, is healing and helps moisturize the skin improving texture and tone. Vitamin A benefits collagen production. Allantoin in the leaves of plantain stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
Shea butter (karite butter) made from the nuts of the karite tree, also has vitamins A and E to strengthen skin and repairs damage. It has been used to heal burns, sores, and scars, and to treat psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis. It helps promote cell renewal and diminish the appearance of wrinkles. It is also a good for treatment of acne scars because it is non-comedogenic and has anti-microbial properties.
Palm kernel oil is extracted from the fruit seeds of the African palm tree. It is high in lauric acid giving it anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Coconut oil has fatty acids that work to reinforce the skin’s lipid barrier and lock in moisture. Coconut oil is also helpful for repairing skin damage, dry skin and eczema, and to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It has cleansing and antibacterial properties, which makes it useful for removing grime and makeup, and when combined with other ingredients works as a natural deodorant.
The stuff just rocks!
Listing for one bar. Package is biodegradable.
Made in Nigeria & Packaged in Sunny Arizona, USA
Estimated 5 Oz, typically weighing in more due to being hand cut.