Grove Aftershave/Cologne -Oakwood, Cranberry, Currant & Moss - Seasonal
[Notice: Contains Alcohol, Only Shipped Within The USA (lower 48), no International or Military Addresses]
Grove is as right as rain, as fine as fall sunshine...until sundown, that is.
A complex blend of 221b Baker Street sureness tucked like tobacco into a haunted little pocket of the woods; where the sound has been known to shut off, and the fog moves in without warning, where apparitions can be seen dancing in the corner of your eye, where you would never dare to go alone or stray to far off from the search party, where the veil is thin, where you, our hero, shall solve the greatest mystery of our time...there's something in those woods.
A very smart, masculine blend of Oakwood, Cranberry, Currant, Moss and a kiss of Apricot (unique to the aftershave only). Smooth like a good scotch and engaging as a good tale told on a star filled Autumn night safe inside, in front of the fireplace.
Pair with our matching Grove Artisan Shave Soap here!
As with all my long lasting aftershave/colognes Grove is packed with more than enough face saving ingredients too: Apricot Hydrosol, Vegetable Glycerin, Seaweed Extract, Aloe Vera, Alum and Hedione! Of course the addition of hedione may only serve your social life! :)
It's What's Inside That Counts or A Note On Our Choice Ingredients
Apricot Blossom Hydrosol:
Known for it's natural astringent qualities; tightens, firms and tones skin while reducing excess oil. Anti-Inflammatory, meaning it calms the skin and protects against agitation and razor burn. Antibacterial, known for centuries for treating irritating skin conditions. It's also just plain soothing when applied to sensitive, irritated or damaged skin. Like Spanish Moss Hydrosol Apricot Blossom also contains antioxidants that is laboratory studies have shown to fight off pro-agin and skin damaging free radicals.
Aloe vera has been used for a host of purposes since the ancient Egyptians! Called by them the “plant of immortality.” - The Aloe Vera cactus plant that belongs to the Liliaceae family. It grows in dry climates such as those found in parts of Africa and India and has been used medicinally for centuries.
Aloe moisturizes the skin without giving it a greasy feel, so it`s perfect for anyone with an oily skin complexion. Aloe vera is used as an aftershave treatment as its healing properties can effectively treat small cuts caused by shaving.
Seaweed Extract is rich in vitamins and minerals and helps to soothe, soften and reduce sensitivity. It also protects and maintains skin’s natural balance. Seaweed Extract has a soothing marine botanical that relieves irritation caused by the environment. It accelerates the natural repair process whilst providing added protection. Seaweed also promotes skin hydration as well as tightening of the skin and has anti-ageing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Relieves irritation caused by the environment
- Accelerates the natural repair process whilst providing added protection
- Promotes skin hydration as well as tightening of the skin
- Contains anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties.
Glycerin is an ingredient that can be found in many beauty products because of its moisture locking properties. It is a form of sugar alcohol that is available naturally in vegetable oils and is also the byproduct of soap making. Glycerin is a humectant, or hygroscopic in nature. Humectants attract moisture from the epidermis and the environment to the surface layers of the skin. Apart from moisturizing, it also has cleansing, lubricating and soothing properties.
Glycerin is known to be very beneficial for skin.
• Absorbs moisture – It can absorb and retain moisture from the air to keep the skin well-toned, moisturized and hydrated. Using products with this ingredient improves the hydration of the outer skin layer. It also decreases the intensity of melanin, a skin darkening pigment.
• Strengthens skin barrier – It increases the thickness of the epidermal layer and improves barrier function. This means that the harmful chemicals stay out of the skin and moisture stays in.
• Removes dead cells – Our skin cells are held together with the help of proteins. These proteins also clump the dead cells together which prevents new ones from forming. What is useful about glycerin, is that it helps the process by breaking down the proteins and removing the dead cells.
• Heals – The substance is also able to guide cells to grow and mature more effectively, thus helping the skin heal. Glycerin can also act as a natural medication for fungal infections like eczema and psoriasis, by reducing bruising and helping the infected tissue and cells to repair themselves more quickly.Alum:
One you may already know well. A mineral used for thousands of years as an Antiseptic & Astringent with Properties known to Soothe & Heal Nicks & Cuts. Seems like a no brainer to add to an aftershave!
3.5 Flask Bottle w/ Orifice Reducer
Ingredients: Alcohol, Apricot Blossom Hydrosol, Essential Oils & Resins, Glycerin, Hedione, Seaweed Extract, Aloe Vera, Alum