Lo~Haiku Artisan Shave Soap & Aftershave Bundle | Ultra Premium Formula CK-6 | 5 Oz
Be Careful How You Use It...
Due to popular demand, I once more decided to re-release Lo~Haiku! I also decided to make a few changes, one; take out the menthol. It was a nice experiment but wasn't true to the original juice and then two, I thought, Lo~Haiku deserves the CK-6 treatment...so that happened. But all and all...
It's about timing
The time truly seems to be right now, I really think we jumped the gun back in 2014 with our first release of Lo~Haiku! But being that 2019 is the year of the musk, I believe our collective noses are finally where they need to be for this behemoth of a classic musk!
The scent of Lo~Haiku is the stuff that legends are made of, a true homage to Hai Karate!
I would put Hai Karate in the same family as Old Spice and English Leather, all classics in their own right...but HK was different. I think of it as the goofy, younger brother of Black Belt that got the job done in a leisurely fashion, and never took itself too seriously.
- Top notes: lavender, bergamot, lemon, rosemary, anise
- Middle notes: geranium, fern, carnation, cinnamon, cedar, heliotrope
- Base notes: oakmoss, vanilla, tonka bean, amber, musk
Guggul Resin also contains a potent compound known as guggulsterone, which has been used to support skin health. It has been widely used in Ayurvedic medicine for skin related problems. What better an additive for an aftershave?
White Willow Bark?
Willow bark contains salicylic acid, derived from salicin, which helps to thwart ingrown hairs.
In addition to salicin, Willow Bark Extract is also high in tannins, phenolic acids, flavonoids, and various minerals, all of which help soothe the skin and aid in cell regeneration, allowing for a more youthful, refreshed complexion. Below, we’ve broken down the major ingredients to delve more thoroughly into their unique benefits.
- Salicin — Named after the willow tree genus itself, salix, salicin (natural salicylic acid) has excellent skin saving properties. Suitable for most skin types, salicin has been shown to diminish wrinkles, reduce the appearance of pores, and even out skin tone while promoting increased firmness. A natural exfoliant, salicin sloughs off dead skin cells and clears pores to reveal a more radiant, clear complexion. Although extremely effective, Salicin is gentle and non-irritating, making it safe for nearly all skin types.
- Polyphenols — Phytonutrients (nutrients found in plants) with high antioxidant activity, polyphenols help our bodies—and therefore our skin—fight free radicals that damage our skin’s DNA and contribute to signs of aging. Polyphenols also aid in moisture retention, allowing our skin to stay hydrated and healthy. These powerful nutrients even help protect against photodamage, protecting our skin during sun exposure and minimizing redness and puffiness afterward.
- Tannins — Willow Bark Extract also contains tannins, organic substances found in bark and other plant-based tissue. Tannins are highly astringent, which means they shrink or constrict body tissue, including the skin’s. Tannins may also help control excess oil on the skin.
- Flavonoids — A type of polyphenol, flavonoids are high in antioxidant properties, making them excellent anti-agers. Fighting free radicals, flavonoids help diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. They’re also effective in protecting the skin’s barrier from environmental damage, such as UV exposure, and thereby preventing DNA damage. Flavonoids have even been shown to inhibit photodamage after UV exposure.
100 Ml Antique Style Flask Bottle
Ingredients: Alcohol, French Lavender & Oakmoss Hydrosol, Essential Oils, Fragrance Oils, Hedione bdellium-tree (gugal) Resin, Glycerin, Willow Bark Extract, Aloe, Sal Tree Resin
5 Oz Tub
Ingredients: Potassium Stearate, Glycerin, Potassium Cocoate, Aqua, Potassium Kokumate, Sodium Lactate, Potassium Shea Butterate, Potassium Castorate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Cocoa Butterate, Potassium Avocadoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Capuacu) Butter, Astrocaryum (Murumuru) Seed Butter, Platonia Insignis (Bacuri) Seed Butter, Parfum [Fragrance]
Name trademarks and copyrights are properties of their respective manufacturers and/or designer. This version is NOT to be confused with the original and Phoenix Shaving LLC. has no affiliation with Hai Karate.